Part of the general mission of the ProCredit group is to set standards in the financial sectors in which we operate. We want to make a difference – through the target group we serve, the quality of our financial services, and the business ethics upon which we base our actions. The following principles guide the operation of the ProCredit institutions.
- Transparency: We provide transparent information to our clients, the public, and our employees. For example, we ensure that customers fully understand the terms of the contracts they conclude with us. We engage in financial education in order to raise public awareness of the danger of non-transparent financial offers.
- A culture of open communication: We communicate openly, fairly and constructively with each other. We deal with conflicts at work in a professional manner, working together to find solutions.
- Social responsibility and tolerance: We offer our clients sound and well-founded advice. Before offering loans to our clients, we assess their economic and financial situation as well as their business potential and creditworthiness in order to avoid over-indebtedness and to provide appropriate financial services. In addition, we are committed to treating all customers and employees with fairness and respect, regardless of their origin, colour, language, gender or religious beliefs. We also ensure that requests for loans are evaluated in terms of the applicant’s compliance with our ethical business practices. No loans are issued to enterprises or individuals if they are suspected of engaging in unsafe, environmentally harmful or morally objectionable forms of labour, in particular child labour.
- High professional standards: Our employees take personal responsibility for the quality of their work and always strive to grow as professionals.
- Personal integrity and commitment: Complete honesty is expected from all employees in the ProCredit group at all times and any breaches of this principle are swiftly and rigorously dealt with. These principles represent the backbone of our corporate culture and are actively applied in our day-to-day operations. They are reflected in the ProCredit Code of Conduct, which translates the group’s principles into practical guidelines for our staff.
The ProCredit group is committed to maintaining high ethical and business standards with regard to its economic, social and environmental impact. For additional insight into the impact of the ProCredit group’s operations, please read Impact Report 2021 Highlights.